Happy Veteran’s Day!
Never was so much owed by so many to so few –Winston Churchill
Thanksgiving isn’t the only holiday that makes November special. Veteran’s Day falls today and every November 11. Veteran’s Day is a special day to honor America’s veterans for their patriotism and sacrifice for the common good. It’s fitting that Veteran’s Day comes during November, National Gratitude Month.
Winston Churchill once remarked, “Never was so much owed by so many to so few.” Veteran’s Day is the one day of the year when we owe it to our nation’s finest to pause and reflect, create or donate to honor their sacrifice. Here’s some ideas to make the most of today:
Pause and reflect (watch with a family member or friend):
Create (in 10 minutes or less)
Make a card for a veteran, a wounded warrior, Gold star families or Home front families!
As you go about your day (or evening), here’s some wisdom brought to you by some of our most decorated veterans.
- If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking. – General George Patten
- Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier. – General Colin Powell
- The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it. – General Norman Schwarzkopf
- The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. – General Dwight D. Eisenhower
- A passion for life is contagious and uplifting. Passion cuts both ways… I want to create passion in my own life and with those I care for. I want to feel, experience and live every emotion. I will suffer through the bad for the heights of the good. – Pat Tillman, football star who joined the Army Rangers after 9/11 and was killed in action in Afghanistan
#veterans #military #armedforces