To care for frontline public servants as they do the essential work of caring for others (or the planet).
We enact our mission by:
- Providing research-guided and participant-informed trainings and consultation
- Facilitating experiential workshops, retreats and wellness events that address the psychology and physiology of trauma
At Frontline, we believe trauma…
- Is a public health issue and among the greatest threats to our national well-being.
- Affects many of the children, clients, patients, inmates and citizens served by our nation’s frontline public employees.
- Affects frontline employees who directly respond to situations that elicit fear, helplessness or horror; who witness such situations; or who interact with persons or materials proximate to such situations.
We also believe…
- Our Nation’s frontline deserves support so they can be at their best on and off the job.
- In healing. As Bessel van der Kolk says, “trauma constantly confronts us with our fragility and with man’s inhumanity to man but also with our extraordinary resilience.”